ÇáãÓÇÚÏ ÇáÔÎÕí ÇáÑÞãí

ãÔÇåÏÉ ÇáäÓÎÉ ßÇãáÉ : Epiphany

shereen
29-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Epiphany
to the generations of tomorrow

When can I see the world changing? If I am too patient I lose sense and feel the air smothering my ambitions and dreams. I know the time has come for me to stand but what shall I do? Shall I stand and yell out loud to all who will hear me…… yes I will do that: HEYYYYYY I AMMMM….I CAME I SPOKE….HELLOOOO….Alas, their brains are too deaf and I am too loud to be understood, what then oh great spirit of Goodness, how shall darkness be vanquished If not by sound and fury then by what means
?
I see words fail in front of the cruel hand of Tyranny which doesn’t spare either soul or body. Then I will FACE, I WILL and HIT back against the slaps of Oppression. Beat the drums, sound the alarms, here I COME… arms wide open extended with fists of iron and fingers shooting bullets screaming with fire. WHAT!! It is too dark and I cannot aim straight, the arms shoot here and there and I step on flowers, buds and my bullets miss its target. They come on the poor innocent multitude. I lower my raging will; we will never be victorious in mere reactions, explosive responses or fatal anger bursts that reiterate only in our direction
In a still moment, I looked to the gray grim skies in despair and my eyes suddenly caught the flash of a golden ray piercing the dark page of the heavens. Amazing, how could I be so blind!! … Darkness cannot be swept with screams of words or fire… words are written on white slates in black ink and Fire, begot in darkness, cannot oppose its creator. We need pure light, light that emanates from the mind, spirit and clear morals. Hope comes in white, knowledge wears white too and in Mecca there is no darkness… there is only peace … there is only LIGHT

aouniat
29-04-2007, 10:44 PM
My Friend Shereen,

You really touched at the core of the problem. Enthusiam, or to be particular, blind enthusiam often leads to distruction.

At first I found some vagueness in the idea of "words alone don't change, but light is the one that affects people and makes them changed". Their is much commonsense in this idea. But the question is: Which brings the other? Words or light? I mean is it the "word" that creates light in us? Or simply the "light" that brings words? Well, I think we have to sit and discuss this issue for a while.

As to the style, I found it full of life. The bits of CAPITALIZED words you screamed or inserted in the article go in harmony with the subject: Screams of words reach not but our own ears! That's a good technique you used.

In addition the "pop-up" of the last scene also goes in harmony with the sollution you came up with. The idea of the golden ray in the sky connotes the concept of LIGHT we need.

Eventially, I can blindly SCREAM that I am seing in this article the imergence of a well talented writer - simply - sherene.
:)

shereen
30-04-2007, 12:15 AM
To intellectual Aouni

i thank you for the positive and constructive remarks u made and i found much truth to what you mentioned especially to the issue of words and light.i think it all comes to how we use the "word", for if it is shouted it cannot be understood so "light" which is knowledge in this case provides the sound word that would effect change>>>still knowledge alone isnot enough if it is not directed with the light of Islam which not only guides our souls and minds but also our actions. Actions that come with the force of faith and clearness instead of anger and frustration. this point is very sensitive i am aware of that because many of our preachers evoke the emotions in us instead of common sense and reason.

Still i am calling out to our generation to be hopeful and be patient till that silver lining in the sky appears . for in this dark age, morals , motives and even beliefs have been blurred and you find it hard to get clear answers or actions. to that end also there is some vagueness to the ideas because our minds these days cannot with enough confidence discern the truth and see the light at the end of the tunnel as they say>>>l